Starting in FY19 (which began on July 1st), we will be collection statistics for Computer Help 1-on-1. Computer Help 1-on-1 statistics is meant to capture how many times staff are assisting customers in computer/digital literacy. Much like the language stats, you would document these encounters twice: once under the Computer One-on-One Column and then again under the Reference Questions column on the statistics sheet.
Below is a longer explanation of the new statistics provided by Government Affairs Liaison Mary Hammond:
Computer Help - 1-on-1: This purpose of this category is to capture how many times we are assisting customers in computer/digital literacy. These encounters will also always be counted under "Reference Questions".
- "Computer Help 1-on-1" involves the "how": How do I log on? How do I print? How do I download? How do I set-up a username? How do I set-up an account? This type of question is recorded as "Computer Help 1-on-1" and "reference question".
- Computer-related reference questions would be those associated with "where" or "what": What's a good site for recipes? Where's the online Houston Chronicle? Where's information on genealogy? This type of question is recorded as a "reference question" only.
- Showing them how to do an Internet search is a computer/digital literacy interaction ("Computer Help - 1-on-1" count) and a reference question.
- Showing them how to set up an account (i.e., specific account, email) is a computer/digital literacy interaction ("Computer Help 1-on-1" count) and a reference question.
- Informing them about Internet safety is a reference question but not a "Computer Help 1-on-1" count.
- Advising them of where to search for tax information is a reference question but not a "Computer Help 1-on-1" count.
If you have questions and concerns, please let us know.
Thanks,
MR
No comments:
Post a Comment